Our client is an impressive Commodity trading company; with more than 500 staff globally.
We have an opportunity for a candidate to join the Gas & Power Scheduling Team. The successful candidate will be joining a growing team that provides an essential part of the business support functions and is the link between Traders, Asset Operators, TSO’s and Service Providers.
The Scheduling team provides cover 08.00-22.30, 365 days a year. Normal office hours are 8am – 5pm. The successful candidate, once trained, will be required to work as part of a shift pattern currently covering 1 weekend in 4 and 2 evenings per week (no 24-hour/night shifts necessary).
THE TEAM HAS THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily scheduling of European gas portfolio including hubs, storages, and cross-border flows together with out of hours responsibility for optimising storage assets, cross border flows and balancing UK and continental gas positions.
- Daily scheduling of Power portfolio including trading hubs, booking, and nominating cross border transportation, daily monitoring of positions and execution of Exchange balancing trades.
- Provide a trade support function to the gas and power traders for all routes to market.
- Liaising with Gas Traders to optimize and balance positions through spot exchange trading and capacity auctions.
- Managing futures and financial positions within delivery month, Trade bookings across multiple commodity classes, assisting in futures expiry process, liaising with external service providers and internal support functions, providing response to ad-hoc queries and reporting requirements, participation in long term capacity auctions and assisting reconciliations of settlements queries.
- Liaising with Business Analyst team to ensure smooth daily operations of systems, refining existing processes and testing of new functionality.
- Monitoring of Spot Exchange Margin/Collateral, Auction Platform and Grid Collateral usage and liaising with Treasury/Credit Functions.
- Research into, and providing feedback on, the onboarding or new products and / or locations.
- Monitoring market changes and attending shipper meetings to stay abreast of market developments.
- ISCC Bio-Fuel processes and trade bookings and reconciliations.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in Gas and / or Power Scheduling essential.
- Degree level preferable but not a necessity.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Good understanding of the Power and Gas Industry, Commodity Trading, knowledge of a range of Physical/Financial Gas and Power Products and their trading platforms.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential. Knowledge of a programming language would be advantageous.
CANDIDATE DESIRED SKILLS:
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work well as part of a team but also independently.
- Able to work well under pressure whilst maintaining focus and accuracy.
- Demonstrate proven problem-solving skills and ability to be decisive.
- Strong Attention to detail at all times.
- Pro-active in nature and able to demonstrate use of initiative.
- A desire to learn and be successful in the Front Office environment.