The Product Control Department is responsible for the validation and publication of a Trading Profit and loss for every trading desk on a daily basis. This will include agreement with the trading desk and a written explanation of the P&L movement
In addition a consolidated P&L is produced and distributed to Management including the monitoring of stop loss limits.
Other responsibilities of the Department include:
- Curve Validation to external sources
- Monitor Futures reconciliations
- Monitor Inter-company Balances
- Various month end reports and reconciliations for Financial Control and Treasury
- Prepare Daily summary of price moves
- Position purpose
The candidate will work within the Product Control team and will be responsible for the P&L production for specific business units, consisting of a variety of commodities. They will interact with Front Office and other departments daily to ensure P&Ls are accurately reported and key market drivers are understood.
They will also produce some month end and audit deliverables and in time be expected to work on small ad hoc projects to help the wider team and/or push the business forward.
- A background in middle office/product control/risk management within energy trading/investment banking.
- Minimum of 2 years experience of profit & loss analysis.
- Knowledge of commodities required.
- Knowledge of derivatives, including options, swaps and futures required.
- Strong academic background with a degree ideally in a quantitative subject.
- Accounting Qualification (or Part Qualified) desirable or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Excel VBA desirable
- Strong excel skills is essential
- High level numerical skills essential
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising the quality of deliverables.