Our client is a successful, renowned Global Commodity Trading house. This role is based in the Finance team in London, which is the HQ for Oil and Gas trading activities.
Due to continued growth in the Gas, Power, and LNG markets, we are seeking a new Financial Operations/Settlements Analyst with experience in Gas & Power. You will be accountable for supporting the Head of Settlements in ensuring a timely, accurate and complete end-to-end Settlements process for all London Gas & Power business. This role would also provide support for other London trading desks as and when required.
- Completion of the day-to-day workload as prescribed by your line manager.
- Ensuring resolution of any day-to-day operational issues and escalating where appropriate.
- Building relationships, both internally and externally, to create and support the business information flow.
- Complete the end-to end processes for Gas & Power Monthly Settlement and agreeing Netting Statements.
- Liaising with Operations to resolve any Settlement disputes.
- Processing of any Brokerage and Secondary costs.
- Monitor and process intercompany balances.
- Follow team processes to ensure all counterparty, billing and settlement information is in line with company policy.
- Proactively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within the scope of Finance Operations to drive efficiency and improved performance.
- Comfortable with working in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Extensive work-based experience in a Financial Operations/Settlements Analyst role; covering Gas & Power derivatives.
- Gas & Power experience essentially required.
- Knowledge of straight through processing from trading to accounting.
- Knowledge of Financial Derivatives E2E settlement process.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to assist and train team members.