Our client is an international energy & commodity trading group, with offices and operations across multiple continents and in numerous countries worldwide.
The role will sit within the Gas & power scheduling team within the broader Operations function, covering both Gas & Power; and is aimed at self-starter with demonstrable experience in Power Scheduling. (Gas experience is essential; Power is an area that can be trained if it is not part of your current skill set.)
The successful candidate will be required to work 1 weekend in every 5, and one evening until 10pm; normal hours are 8am – 5pm. (No 24-hour shifts)
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT MAY NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Responsibility for on time and correct processing and sending of intraday and day ahead nominations, schedules, and programs to counterparties and network operators
- The role involves acting as an interface between Gas traders and European Grid Operators for the nomination of positions within various countries and the nomination of cross border flows.
- Ensure gas positions, storages & IP/VIPs are nominated timely and accurately across UK & European Grids
- Perform allocation and capacity bookings and ensure all trades are booked in our ETRM
- Optimisation of out of hours positions for gas from both the trading desk and DMA business.
- Participating on European capacity auctions on Prisma and any other local platforms.
- Closing out positions from storage and capacity cuts/scaling.
- Ensuring all market license conditions are upheld through good communications with the relevant network operators and implementation of network codes
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5-10 years power & gas scheduling experience.
- Good knowledge of the energy industry, including gas and power operations.
- Strong understanding of CWE gas markets – experience onboarding new markets in this area would be a plus as well as balancing mechanisms, day ahead/intraday nomination deadlines & matching
- Experience of physical nominations / capacity purchase for border flows and cash out mechanisms across CWE gas markets.
- Experience working with Openlink, EPEX, M7, JAO, N2EX, Gemini, PRISMA, Trayport, WebICE, ENOM, EEX, ICE Endex, APX, IPEX, PCE, PSV, OTE
- Knowledge of CEE markets a plus
- Power Operating knowledge a plus
- Trading experience a plus