Our client is a successful Global Commodity Trading firm with offices all over the world. This role is based in the Oil HQ here in London; where they trade various products including Oil, and Gas.
The Risk Department is an independent function aiming to control front-line trading and ensure that the risk-reward of the trading books is properly understood by the senior management team, and that the physical exposure of the business – e.g., oil cargoes, electricity generation, gas deliveries – is correctly valued.
This position requires being able to both be well versed in FX financial transactions, and a pro-active approach to understanding the business needs. The FX Risk Manager should have the talent and knowledge to exercise prudent judgment in creating and calibrating the appropriate risk measures as well as the ability to clearly and logically present the methodology supporting the risk calculation.
- Lead the creation from scratch of a comprehensive FX risk & control framework
- System roll-out
- Controls & processes
- Create and coordinate the daily production of exposure and PnL reports across the Oil and Gas trading desks and for Treasury.
- Communicate with senior management (CEO/CRO/CFO/Head of Risk) to ensure the management of the FX exposure and the resulting P&L are well understood.
- Coordinate daily hedging strategy and manage with Treasury, including optimization of the process
- Liaise between desks (traders and risk) and treasury.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Educated to degree level at 2.1 or above (or similar)
- Must be capable of working with significant autonomy and ensuring analysis is focused on delivering practical business benefits, often in tight deadlines
- Highly numerate, with good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills – must be able to understand others’ perspectives and relate complex ideas to different groups, including senior management
- The ability to challenge proposals constructively to help ensure they are robust, whilst maintaining excellent working relationships
- Must be able to work effectively in a team, flexibly handling a wide range of potential issues