Our client is a global Metals trading company; part of an international group based in Central London.
The whole department, which is actively involved in the trading of non-ferrous metals, ferrous metals, and precious metals, consists of around 30 staff and this role will work specifically within the front office for precious metals (gold, silver, platinum, etc.).
The focus of the role is to provide administrative & front office support to the Precious Metals Trading Desk. The aim will be to achieve timely & efficient support to the Trading & Marketing team, becoming a subject matter expert in these markets in the process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be aware of customer leases maturing and assist the Precious Metal marketers with documentation, communication, and administration; executing some transactions as directed.
- Monitor and help administer new and ongoing physical transactions assisting with trade input and processing.
- Complete administrative tasks for physical/pledge business (e.g., Inputting multiple pledge deals)
- Provide administrative support for physical shipments & logistics working closely with back office acting as conduit to Front/Back communications.
- Chase outstanding invoices /payments.
- Support the on-boarding process for new customers (KYC/AML/Credit/Doc’s).
- Basic support to trading operations.
- Trade Input into the trading System & data checking.
- Reconciling trading blotters and concluding EOD closing process.
- Liaise with existing customers (direct or through branch offices/agents) & trading counterparts by telephone/e mail etc.
- Maintain the customer database and updated the data in Share Point account.
- Market & Sales analysis & spreadsheets (to analyse P/L, market sectors etc.).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree level education & GCSE level Mathematics & English language (overseas equivalents apply)
- Basic understanding of the mechanics of front office trading and understanding of normal terms and procedures within the precious metals market preferable.
- Previous work-based experience in the precious metals trading industry highly preferred.
- Knowledge of physical transactions including logistics and international shipments preferred.
- IT Knowledge of Access/Outlook /GBS, SAP/IT2/Trinity system etc desirable.
- Experience of office administration in a corporate setting
- Able to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Organised and able to manage multiple tasks without direct supervision
- Fluent in written and spoken English language skills at business level
- Ability to work to a very high standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of numeracy
- Excellent time management skills
- Microsoft office skills to intermediate level (specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines