We are searching for a Shipping Coordinator to work for a hugely successful Commodities Trading organisation based in London. The successful candidate will help to provide vital support to the Trade Desk by delivering trade/contracts to customers and suppliers.
As the Shipping Coordinator your focus will be on the Ivory Coast operations. Working with the Trade team the individual will be responsible for the physical shipments to their customers.
Duties will include:
- Working with the Shipping Manager to provide logistic support to trading teams.
- Liaising with our overseas operations, suppliers, shipping lines, freight forwarders and warehouse partners.
- Monitoring of shipments, agreements and all related documentation.
- Checking & processing invoices for payment and liaising with the Accounts team.
- Processing bank presentations & LC’s.
- Organising timely deliveries to clients.
- Stock management.
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years proven experience in shipping/logistics within a similar environment.
- Bilingual – French/English – the majority of external communication (written and spoken is in
- French and therefore fluent French is required).
- Commodities related experience preferred.
- Highly organised with the ability to track and manage variety of shipments within a busy period.
- Excellent Excel and system skills
- Excellent communications skills
Note – The role will involve some training period in Ivory Coast and annual visits to see the local team.