Our client is a very successful International Energy Trading firm and as a key manager in the Finance Department you will contribute fully to the coordination among front, middle and back office (i.e. trading dept., risk control, legal, compliance, shipping and other back office) in relation with financial decisions within the organisation. You will build and strengthen relationships not only with Front and Middle offices but also with other teams within the Finance Department. You will also review and monitor performance of the FR&A function, employing and improving key performance indicators to measure performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Set goals for the team and ensure all staff have performance contracts that align with Finance and team goals. Ensure each member of the team understands the goals, as well as how they are expected to contribute to achieving them.
- Managing all aspects of the month end close process. This includes the pre month forecasting, the close itself and subsequent review and validation activities.
- Managing all aspects of the annual audit process, ensuring timely completion and filing.
- Develop, improve and implement the control procedures and processes across the FR&A function.
- Maintain and strengthen the FR&A control structure to ensure compliant operations while upgrading the service offering.
- Ensure that the core accounting package (SAP) remains up to date and is developed to ensure efficient processes.
- To support the annual budgetary process.
- Actively identify system and/or process opportunities to streamline activity to drive efficiency without compromising control. Conduct the leading and management of the implementation of such enhancements be they to ETRM, SAP or other FR&A related system.
- To own the company Accounting Policy, ensuring the team understand such and that stakeholders are aware of and engaged with pertinent points.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Finance/Banking/Commercial/Maritime Studies or equivalent.
- Suitable professional accounting qualification
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Minimum 8 years appropriate experience, with a portion of that in line management, in an energy or commodities trading environment.
- In depth understanding of FRS.
- Excellent teamworking, networking, interpersonal and communication skills. Good system skills are essential.