Our client is an established trader of Commodity and Energy products based in Central London. They offer a unique chance to work within a continuously growing and diversifying business, with a strong commercial appetite.
As the Financial Control Analyst, you will report to the Financial Controller within the broader Finance team. You will be exposed to an array of different traded commodities and be responsible for co-ordinating the financial close process. Essentially, the successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in a related position, with experience in Energy products and markets.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Responsible for co-ordinating the financial close process.
- A key contributor to the scheduling, co-ordinating and minuting the monthly close process, identification and documentation of any appropriate actions or issues, and working with partners in the business to achieve a successful and smooth closing process for all business lines.
- Responsible for ensuring that the ETRM system control reconciliations are in place and operating effectively to support the accounts generation process.
- Responsible for executing a range of reconciliation activities as part of the MIMA process.
- Expected to contribute to the development of the reconciliation tools and activities to drive improved efficiency and quality of outcome.
- Responsible for generating and distributing management information on both a regular and ad-hoc basis as necessary.
- Responsible for co-ordinating with business partners to ensure transactional systems are as up to date as would be operationally expected, and visibility of transactions throughout the deal life cycle are understood and transparent through the use of appropriate KPIs;
- Working with IT on continual improvement to support efficient and accurate close process.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Degree level education, preferably in Finance /Banking /Mathematics /Statistics /Engineering
- Demonstrable experience in relevant position.
- Experience in Energy products and markets.
- Commodities/Derivatives Product Control and/or Financial Control/Internal Audit and/or Accounting.
- Experience in both Accounting and Product Control an advantage
- Track record of improving (or devising and implementing) controls and procedures.
- Track record of improving existing procedures.
- Experience of managing or supporting significant business growth.
- Project management experience.
- Able to take, and maintain, an independent approach and challenge where appropriate.