Our client is a global energy company, who focus on renewable energy and conventional power and are experiencing significant growth.
Our client is looking for a Financial Accountant to work within the growing finance department. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious senior-level finance professional to gain exposure and experience within a rapidly growing business. The role provides exposure in a fast-growing international commodity trading company.
The successful candidate will be part of a team working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the Finance department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
- Manage external audit engagement and preparation financial statements.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly and VAT returns.
- Budget and forecast management for specified business units.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded, including product control related entries.
- Ensure appropriate substantiation of any trading-related balance sheet values and proper documentation of all transaction.
- Assist with month-end Accounting close and internal/external reporting requirements.
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
- Assist in the continued development of Finance and Accounting systems and procedures through identification and suggestion of process improvements through implementation.
- Assist with ad-hoc analysis and requested reporting as needed.
- Qualified accountant with recognised professional, ACCA, ACA or equivalent).
- Up to date knowledge of accounting legislation (US GAAP & IFRS).
- Strong, demonstrable numerical and analytical acumen.
- Advanced Microsoft Office capabilities, particularly Excel, is desirable but not required.
- Ability to handle large data sets is desirable but not required.
- Demonstrable Python skills is an advantage.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a lean, start-up environment in a hands-on and independent manner.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to act as a team-player in a highly collaborative environment.
- Resilient under pressure; able to remain calm and effective when faced with multiple requests or demands at the same time.