Our client is a leading, world renowned Global Commodity trading company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiating and co-ordinating EFET and ISDA agreements and relevant appendices across the commercial teams and various functions (Legal, Credit, Compliance etc.)
- Negotiate novation, Cross Product Netting Agreement and Credit Support Annex.
- Ensure compliance with internal documentations and with support of legal update templates when required including proactively keeping up to date with legal developments of the agreements.
- Review and negotiate parent company guarantees and any credit related Non-Disclosure Agreements and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Liaise with our Tax, Legal, Operations, Credit and Compliance departments to ensure the new agreements meet our requirements.
- Managing counterparty administration/approval process on behalf of the UK businesses entities and ensure all contract entered have the appropriate approvals prior to execution.
- Maintain an accurate record/database of all standard trading agreements and appropriate counterparties, ensuring all agreements are appropriately stored and captured in the systems.
- Manage prioritisation of counterparty requests to ensure these are appropriately managed and expectations are met.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Qualified solicitor (or foreign qualified solicitor)
- Experience working within an oil major, EU natural gas utility industry, trading house or investment bank.
- Strong experience drafting and negotiating of EFET/ ISDA with a variety of counterparties.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.