Working for a global Commodity Trading company based in London you will be Involved in claims and demurrage processes and procedures. You will liaise with Commercial, Trading and Finance professionals to ensure all demurrage claims are executed in a timely manner.
- Maintain and manage the filling of all demurrage claims both Shipping or Cargo
- Check all loading and discharge time logs and identify the demurrage cases.
- Submit demurrage claims to suppliers and receivers based on purchase and sale contracts.
- Review and counter claims from suppliers and receivers based on purchase and sale contracts or charter parties.
- Review and counter claims from owners based on charter parties.
- Maintain data and send the payable and receivable notices.
- Assist contract team or chartering team to counter the terms related to demurrage to increase maritime and commercial awareness and minimise exposure for the company.
- Report the overdue claims to team leader and forward the case to legal.
- Training and coaching of new team members in demurrage role.
- And any other tasks that the company may reasonably assign from time to time, according to business needs.
- Suitable candidates must be educated to at least degree level or possess an equivalent level qualification.
- Strong planning, time management and organizational skills required
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and teamwork skills with preference for action, accountability and developing alternatives and solutions
- Strong desire for personal learning and sharing of knowledge and skills with others
- Must be proficient in Microsoft packages and generally IT literate
- 1+ years Demurrage / Claims experience is preferable.