Our client is an established Oil trading company, with physical assets across Europe. They actively source, refine, market and trade Crude Oil and Oil products, and associated financial derivatives.
The business is also taking a lead role in the Energy Transition with the development of several projects aimed to utilise existing infrastructure across Europe to develop renewable energy, green hydrogen, and carbon capture to enable local industries to re reduce carbon emissions.
Due to recent growth across their asset portfolio, we are looking to expand the Risk and recruit an experienced Credit Risk & Compliance Manager. Reporting directly to the Head of Risk & Product Control, you will be responsible for Group Credit Risk, KYC (including AML) and compliance reporting for financial activities.
The ideal candidate for this role should hold professional accountancy or risk qualifications and have gained several years of credit and/ or compliance related experience. Applicants will need to demonstrate a pro-active, can-do attitude to join this small team at such a pivotal time for the Group.
THE MAIN DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Group policy and application of policy in both the Supply & Trading businesses and refineries. Liaising with both central functions and refinery finance teams for this purpose.
- Monitoring and reporting of Group credit risk exposures versus limits (including development of associated IT systems requirements).
- Preparing recommendations for open credit for both customers and suppliers.
- Providing senior management with insights and developing commercial opportunities with the Businesses.
- Liaising with the factoring providers in conjunction with treasury and external credit reporting consultants (who will provide credit reports for individual customers and suppliers).
- Group policy for KYC/AML (including sanctions) in conjunction with Legal.
- Completion of KYC/AML procedures for all new counterparts (customers, suppliers, and financing partners). Liaising with central functions and refineries for this purpose.
- Group policy and compliance with all financial regulatory requirements (including EMIR and other relevant legislation).
- Development of reporting systems required for this purpose including interfaces with external repositories.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience in credit and/ or compliance reporting (preferably in a commodities environment).
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Sound understanding of relevant risk and regulatory requirements.
- Assertive and innovative
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable; Thrives in changing, high pressured environments.
- Good technical skills.
- Language skills would be advantageous.