Our client is a leading Commodity Trading house with a truly global reach; this role exists within the Energy Trading business which trades various products including Oil & Gas.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and driven, commercially orientated Credit Analyst to join an established team in London, who can demonstrate a sound understanding of credit risk assessment and management in the context of a commodities trading environment.
The successful candidate will have strong financial analysis and modelling skills and have related credit risk experience within a Bank or Energy Major with an understanding of a controls driven environment.
As you will have regular liaison with Front Office, strong communication skills are essential, as is the ability to learn fast and take initiative to broaden your knowledge.
Key responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Assess and advise on counterparty risk and mitigations.
- Recommend internal limits, security instruments, payment, and credit terms.
- Monitor credit and performance risk, report non-performing counterparties and adverse credit events.
- Ensure compliance with the internal credit policy & procedures.
- Engage with Front, Middle and Back-office functions, legal counsels, advisors and key stake holders on a regular basis to resolve credit related issues.
- Assist with the negotiation and execution of netting agreements, master trading agreements, credit clauses and security instruments.
- Supplement analysis to develop an assessment of client, competitor/ industry risks and trends.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Educated with a degree in finance with solid financial analysis skillset.
- 5+ years’ experience analysing Oil and Gas counterparties, banking experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of typical security instruments and industry standard agreements (guarantees, LCs, ISDAs, netting…),
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to learn quickly and take initiative to broaden own knowledge.
- Ability to work in a team and engage with others, essential.
- Experience or able to demonstrate being comfortable within a fast-moving company and environment.
- Additional languages advantageous.