Our client is an international corporation based in Central London.
We are looking for a Credit Analyst to join the specialist Risk Management team which investigates, and monitors risk issues arising from the Commodity trading and investment business and provides appropriate recommendations. This includes trade finance proposals for new and existing customers, plus the ongoing monitoring of customers and macroeconomic and sector conditions.
- Quickly appreciate and understand complex credit issues and to propose credit mitigants where appropriate.
- Compile concise written credit analysis of risk proposals submitted by Business teams, with appropriate recommendations.
- Input, or check input, of financial figures into internal risk rating model manually or through utilisation of auto data streaming.
- Assist in presenting of key Credit risk issues as part of the appr oval process as required.
- Continuous monitoring of credit issues related to customer portfolio and wider issues.
- Support to occasional visits/ online calls to/from counterparties (as part of a and to compile a relevant set of questions to be asked on the financial and strategic aspects of their businesses Provide written review / analysis, as appropriate for due diligence purposes.
- Be an alternate contact for Credit and Operational queries to other departments/divisions.
- Compilation of assigned weekly / monthly / quarterly reports.
- Keep updated with key credit and operational issues relating to Credit Insurance.
- Liaise with Credit Insurers to obtain insurance coverage where required.
- Using SAP and internal credit system, assist in the preparation of several internal Risk Management reports in Excel or another format to specific deadlines.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in business/finance/accounting, or an analytically based discipline. In the absence of this demonstrable in-depth experience and background in Credit Risk.
- Good corporate credit analysis skills – expert ability to read and understand financial accounts.
- Ability to write concise and accurate credit analysis and recommendations.
- Excellent Word and Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Ability to prioritise work with very high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong team player.
- Able to build effective work relationships with stakeholder departments within the business.
- Broad Credit Risk experience to include trade finance, likely to have been obtained in a Banking, Commodity or Corporate environment.
- Experience of working in a multi-national corporate or finance environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of trade finance; and some knowledge of commodities, including the Metals and Energy sectors.
- Experience of Credit Rating models.
- Some understanding of credit insurance.