Our Client is a leading Energy Trading business with a successful history of growth. Their distinct culture thrives on values, giving them a strong base and passion to succeed as a team. Employees enjoy an environment that allows them to develop their skills, knowledge and experience giving them every opportunity to have successful careers. New ideas and initiatives are encouraged as it is widely believed that inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape the future of the business.
The role is an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated Confirmations / Regulatory Reporting Analyst to gain exposure across a very wide range of energy products and to work in a dynamic and ambitious company.
This position is responsible for confirming physical Energy, derivative and FX trades as well as the reporting of these trades to Dodd Frank, EMIR, REMIT, MiFID and MAS Regulators.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurate checking of standard / bespoke / structured trade confirmations received from Counterparties
- Ensuring the issue and receipt of timely and accurate confirmations to / from counterparties and investigating and resolving discrepancies.
- Completeness of Broker Reconciliations, to ensure that all trades are captured correctly.
- Checking of Direct trades that are executed. Ensuring that trades are booked correctly
- Ensuring trades feed electronic matching platforms and that trades are matched with Brokers and Counterparties by T+1. Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Ensure that we send out paper confirmations to counterparties we do not electronically match with by T+1.
- Complete trade reconciliations with Exchanges and Grids to ensure that all trades are captured correctly. Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Complete Excel based reconciliations of internal and external Counterparty transactions.
- Build good relationships with Counterparties.
- Escalate issues to management in a timely fashion.
Dodd Frank, EMIR, REMIT, MiFID and MAS Regulatory Reporting
- Ensure that all reportable Dodd Frank, EMIR, REMIT, MiFID and MAS trades are uploaded to the relevant repositories by T+1, so that we meet our required Regulatory obligations.
- Investigate and resolve issues where trades have failed to be automatically reported.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies where we do not match on UTIs with Counterparties.
- Liaise with internal customers to ensure all non-standard trades can be accurately reported to the Regulators.
- Ensure that all daily, weekly, quarterly and annual reconciliations are monitored and reported in a timely manner, and any issues are investigated and resolved.
- Management of static data updates received internally and externally.
- Escalate any issues to management.
Other Duties and Responsibilities.
- Provide daily/weekly /monthly metric/stats and relevant commentary to Management.
- Liaison with various teams within the organization such as Front Office, Settlements Regulatory Compliance, Product Control, Legal, IT, Credit. Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with these stakeholders.
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are constantly reviewed, documented and updated.
- Constantly review and provide ideas for improving processes across the team to streamline and automate current processes.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of confirmations for Commodity products essential.
- Knowledge of Exchange Products.
- Experience in the checking / drafting of Commodity bespoke and structured confirmations preferred.
- Knowledge of the regulations EMIR, REMIT, Dodd Frank, MiFID and MAS
- Experience of the regulatory reporting processes for EMIR, REMIT, Dodd Frank, MiFID and MAS
- Good working knowledge of trading systems, preferably ENDUR
- Experience of using an electronic matching platform, preferably EFET.Net
- Experience of Swift matching for FX confirmations.
- Exposure to new systems implementation and systems development.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good grasp of Excel.
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Diligent and dependable.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational and execution skills.
- Proactive self-starter.
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally with all areas of the business.
- Dedication to review and improvement of existing processes.
- Commercially astute with the ability to develop and understand issues.
- Proven experience of working in a Confirmations and /or Regulatory Reporting Team in an Energy Trading or Bank environment.
- Experience of working with Trading Counterparties/Brokers/Exchanges and direct contact with Trading desks.
- Degree level education or equivalent work experience