Our client is an International Oil & Gas trading and marketing company, with a presence in over 80 countries.
This role will be based in a new subsidiary trading office based in Rotterdam, which is currently going through a big period of growth.
- To handle the oil trading-related settlements in a timely and accurate manner, which will involve:
- Settle the trading activities including but not limited to cargoes, freight, shipping costs, insurance, inspections, demurrage, brokerage, and other non-cargo costs.
- invoices due date control, raising payment and invoices in Pioneer system and post in SAP.
- review the trade contract terms and service agreements for settlement purposes.
- ensure incoming & outgoing funds receipt or payment shall value on time, AP & AR aging follow-up.
- liaise with the trading desk and operators to resolve any potential issues or disputes to ensure accurate and timely payments and claims.
- To carry out the procedure/process implemented in Pioneer, SAP, and other work systems.
- To communicate with tax adviser on tax-related matters.
- To provide activities performance analysis information.
- Other tasks assigned by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/Banking/Commercial/Tax/Accounting or equivalent.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in commodity settlements; preferably physical Oil products or secondary costs settlements.
- Solid industry knowledge on the physical and financial side of the trading activities.
- Thorough understanding of the settlement process and industry-related compliance requirements.
- SAP system knowledge is a requirement.
- Knowledge of oil trading and Bunker related taxation in the Netherlands preferred.