Our client is a leading Energy Trading company who trade crude oil and refined products in the UK and Europe as well as a range of paper derivative products such as swaps, futures and options.
Reporting to the Manager Risk, the incumbent will be supporting daily reporting of exposure, P&L and the evaluation of risk residing within the trading portfolio. This role provides an opportunity to learn and develop skills in the fields of process management, project implementation and requires extensive communication with a wide range of stakeholders. The incumbent will be responsible for the development of Risk reporting systems and associated business processes and is required to focus on aligning international practices with global reporting models and risk assessment principles. The Risk & Project Analyst will also be responsible for representing the International Risk management function on global trading system related projects. The position also provides the opportunity for the incumbent to develop leadership skills through the coaching of less experienced members within the Risk Management team and new hires to the Commercial organisation.
- Support the Director, Product Control Europe & Asia in the preparation and publication of daily profit/loss and exposure from the relevant system of record within the defined support framework.
- Coach/mentor less experienced members within the Risk team in the review, analysis and preparation of daily risk reports and associated performance analysis.
- Review the consolidated end of day performance report and authorise publication of results to the global trading organisation.
- Support the preparation and submission of global reports i.e. drawdown analysis, global cargo reporting, VaR reviews.
- Drive within function process changes and daily reporting alignment initiatives, locally and globally, into the current business models and daily work processes.
- Work across functions within region on projects focused on improving business processes and the quality of performance reporting.
- Represent the International Risk Management function on global projects/initiatives such as the International Upgrade of Trading Systems (RAMP).
- Hold the legal right to live and work in the UK on a permanent basis without restrictions or meet the relevant criteria for employer sponsorship under the UK points-based system.
- Very strong spreadsheet capability in MS Excel and exposure to visual basic would be of an advantage.
- Strong mathematical skills in terms of analysis of complex data to be able to draw clear and accurate conclusions.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills with preference for action, accountability, and developing alternatives and solutions.
- Broad understanding of the marine transportation business required, including marine logistics, chartering, commodity trading and scheduling, optimization, and marine strategy. Knowledge and experience of commodity trading including swaps, options and other derivative products would be of an advantage.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to lead effectively through influence and capability to influence at all levels.
- Able to work in both a local/dynamic small team and as part of a global team.
- Strong desire for personal learning and sharing of skills with others.