Our client is an Entrepreneurial, market leading, International Commodities Trading business offering the highest level of professionalism, entrepreneurial spirit, and personal ownership. They offer a wide-ranging and very challenging role with prospects in a continually growing global company. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a stimulating environment in which enthusiastic colleagues work together in a practical and informal way.
As an Operations Officer, you are responsible for the administration, communication, and monitoring of logistical processes for the Commodity Operations/Logistics team. You will work on an international scale, ensuring all necessary documentation and arrangements are in order, for timely delivery of their worldwide commodities.
Alongside the logistical planning and execution of shipments, you will handle on-the-spot inquiries relating to logistical processes. When issues arise, you will be required to provide efficient and effective solutions. You will regularly handle large shipments of 60,000MT or more.
Good communication skills are crucial in maintaining clear lines of communication with internal departments (such as Trade, Chartering and Finance), colleagues from our international field offices, as well as external third parties and our customers.
DAY-TO-DAY DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Inputting logistical information into our system
- Making reservations
- Booking invoices
- Appointing cargo superintendents
- Contacting vessel agents and thoroughly checking the commodity contract, as well as charter party terms. Each trade is different, so accurate administration skills and a keen eye for detail are vital.
- Timely presentation of prepared documentation (such as bill of lading and certificates of origin) are key in completing operations effectively.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
For this position, we require candidates to ideally have prior experience in Logistics, who looking for a new challenge within Logistics/Trade Execution. The ideal candidate should also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics Management or similar preferred.
- Relevant working experience in logistics, preferably with shipments, trucks, multimodal transport etc.
- Affinity with organizing transport via Sea, Road, Rail within Europe or Internationally.
- Strong communication skills with a feeling for cultural differences
- A good level of English (spoken and written)
- A responsible and flexible attitude
- A pro-active approach, foreseeing potential issues and quickly finding solutions when they arise