Our client is a global energy & commodity trading group; recognized as one of the most exciting and commercially driven Commodity Trading houses in the industry!
Working as a member of the EMEA Financial Operations team, the successful candidate will play a key role in the day-to-day functions across the various teams within Clearing Operations as well as be involved in a wide variety of projects and process enhancements. Products covered are varied and include primarily (but not restricted to) Oil derivatives, European Power & Gas, Metals and FX.
- Completing intra-day and EOD controls to ensure all processes are running and all trades are feeding from source to books and records system.
- Experience and knowledge of Brokerage and Broker rate agreements.
- Responding to ad-hoc requests from Middle Office/ desks regarding positions, broker setup requests.
- Exchange/CCP & Broker Reconciliations.
- Understanding and reporting listed options and futures expiries to the trading desks and middle office. Being aware of risks around the expiry processes on expiry day.
- Review KPI’s daily to ensure aged items and outstanding issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all risk items are prioritized and escalated where appropriate.
- Working closely with multiple teams within the organisation and in multiple locations (IT, Credit, Scheduling, Trading, MO, Trade Finance).
- Regulation – Good level of understanding within the MiFID II space to ensure correct monitoring of MiFID obligations.
- To present business cases for self-driven or otherwise, initiatives and projects to senior management.
- Any other tasks as directed by your line manager.
- Analyse and develop team procedures in line with market requirements.
- Setting up of new entities on exchanges and with clearing brokers.
- Transfer of positions across clearing brokers, clearing accounts and exchanges, represented both internally as well as on exchange/clearing broker.
- Conduct due diligence for research projects and investigations of a specialized nature as requested by senior management and external auditors.
- Work based experience in Clearing Operations/Cleared Derivatives is essential; Commodity Cleared Derivatives preferred.
- Good knowledge of various exchanges such as Nymex, CME and ICE.
- Strong IT and System skills; including MS Excel.
- Extensive and proven experience of the Clearing/ Listed Derivatives (ETD/Exchange Traded Derivatives) world and daily interactions with clearing participants.
- Strong derivatives product knowledge, including knowledge of the trade lifecycle of Cleared/Futures trades.
- Prior exposure to, and understanding of, CCP and Clearing broker margin call.
- Strong system skills (Openlink/ENDUR, Amphora, ICE Credit Management, ICE Clearing Admin)
- Experience of monitoring workflow by reliance on Risk Systems.
- Able to work independently without direct supervision but also happy in working as a team on projects
- Committed to seeing issues through until they are resolved. Also has demonstration of seeking out potential gaps, efficiency savings in processes.
- Project ownership and delivery experience to all levels of management/ seniority
- Prior exposure to the setting up of new traders/ clearing accounts on exchanges
- Experience in regulatory reporting requirements such as CFTC Large Trader, ICE GCM, MiFID II is desirable
- Experience of the commodities physical market would be advantageous.