Our client is a Central London based, international commodities trading firm seeking to recruit a full time Financial Controller to support the business as it enters its next stage of fast growth.
You will work closely with the executive board, and you will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company.
The candidate should have relevant experience in the Energy/Commodity Trading industry and understand the intricate supply chain cost of international commodities trading including logistics, freight, storage and transport as well as international Trade Finance.
As well as a strong technical background, this candidate will be responsible for negotiating terms and managing banking relationships globally, and will be pivotal to driving the growth of the Finance team from the start.
- Responsible for overseeing the company’s finances, including management accounting, reporting, auditing, tax, and developing financial controls.
- Hands on influential position with both an operational and strategic bias.
- Build, Develop and Manage relationships with banks, investors, advisors and other third parties.
- Provides Executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities
- Manages processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company.
- Monthly budget management meetings with regards variance analysis and cash flow forecasting.
- Preparation and presentation to the board of Ad Hoc financial models specific to oil and gas, mining and agri trade simulations .
- Management of PAYE and international payroll.
- Recruitment and management of new team members within the Finance team.
- Fully Qualified accountant ACCA / ACA / CIMA.
- Experience gained in Energy/Commodity Trading industry.
- Ability to work within a small company, and possess the skills to continue to thrive as it grows rapidly.
- LC experience is a must.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong management accounting experience.
- Highly organised.
- Must possess strong communication and presentation skills.
- Relevant industry experiences a must.