Our client is a global energy & commodity trading group and one of the most exciting and commercially driven Commodity Trading houses in the industry!
You will be working for the CEE Power trading team directly, based on the trading floor, and working independently as the sole Analyst.
We are looking for a candidate to join our clients CEE Power Trading and Origination Desk. The main purpose of the role is:
- To support trading, origination, and investment activities in the new CEE region and to generate trade and business ideas.
- Following any changes to market mechanisms.
- Doing market research and monitoring energy markets news
- Following fundamentals of the European power market and understanding its key drivers, building tools supporting day-to-day desk activities, developing short- and medium –term price forecasting models and constantly working on improving their performance.
- Look into systematic trading strategies and trading signals.
- 3+ years of experience in Commodities focusing on Power.
- Must be Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Python.
- Undergraduate degree within computer science, economics, engineering, or any other analytical degree.
- Ability to build fundamental forecasts using a stack model.
- Be aware of market regulations and any upcoming reforms.
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Analytical and critical thinking with ability to problem solve complex issues.
- Passion for technology and innovation
- Fluent in English and any other European language advantageous