Our client is an International Commodity trading company based in the heart of Rotterdam, with offices and operations in over 30 countries worldwide.
We are seeking a Business Controller Freight, to work as part of the Freight Accounting team which consists of five people and is part of the Chartering Operations department. You will be working in the middle of the business, in a team which is supportive, motivated and ambitious and works together in an informal way.
In this position, you will prepare and analyse the financial results and support the business with your findings. You will be an excellent analyst, a good communicator and enjoy working closely with the business.
You will be working in a dynamic, international, and challenging environment where you will be in direct contact with the Chartering Trade and Operations teams and the group (accounting) reporting department.
- You will prepare and control monthly results;
- You will analyse voyage results in detail and in total;
- You will be responsible for the month close procedures;
- You will analyse the mark to market valuations of cargoes and vessels;
- You are involved in the reconciliation of derivatives positions with third party statements;
- You support the business (Chartering Trade and Operations) with financial challenges;
- You follow up on various ad-hoc business requests and you take part in (IT) projects to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting and reporting processes.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- You have a bachelor or master degree in Business Economics, Finance, Accounting or related discipline;
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ experience (preferably as a Controller);
- You are IT literate with preferably extensive knowledge of MS Office;
- You have a practical and proactive attitude and good communication skills;
- You are accurate, have good analytical skills and team player;
- Curiosity and willingness to learn the company’s business;
- You have excellent written and verbal (English) communication skills.