Our client is an international organisation, actively involved in International Trade & Development, based in Central London.
We are looking for a professional accountant to administrate and handle the accounting and tax issues for UK special purpose companies (SPCs) and UK group tax compliance matters with the support from the Manager of the Accounting department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide accounting and tax support as to correct accounting or tax treatment for new and continuing special purpose companies (SPCs) in UK.
- Prepare/review payment instruction to banks upon requests from subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly management accounts with information and instructions provided by subsidiaries.
- Prepare quarterly reporting consolidation packs to parent company within limited timescales.
- Administrate and manage SAGE200 or other accounting system, with support from internal IT team and third part support company.
- Maintain the contact list and raising the service fee invoices regarding UK group tax compliance matters.
Duties with manager support:
- Liaise, plan, and prepare for annual audit, including preparation of draft financial statements and assisting auditors for completion of audit process
- Liaise with tax advisors and subsidiaries, plan and prepare for UK corporation tax return (including transfer pricing and UK group tax compliance matters), corporation tax payments and SAO documentations.
- Support liquidation/striking off process.
- Liaise with group companies, plan, and prepare for the reporting documents about UK group tax compliance matters.
- Deal with ad hoc issues and projects as they may arise.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with tight and fixed reporting deadlines.
- Ability to multitask whilst being able to prioritise.
- Knowledge of SAGE200 accounting system.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent reporting and analysing skills.
- Fluent written and verbal English language skills.
- Knowledge of UK/IFRS accounting and UK corporation tax including group tax compliance matters.
- Working knowledge of international accounting rules.
- Professional accounting qualification with post qualification practical experience.
- Good understanding of general internal control.