Our client is an Integrated Energy company, and trader of Commodity and Energy products including, Gas, Power, LNG, and Oil, based in Central London. They offer a unique chance to work within a growing and diversifying business, with a strong commercial appetite.
This role exists within the Oil Products team, and we are looking for both a permanent and a Fixed Term Contractor which could also work towards being made permanent. Ideally the successful candidate will have a proven track record in Biofuels/Oil Products operations, and experience with Barges.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Co-ordinating operations from trade inception to completion relating to products.
- Work closely with traders, refinery scheduling, and planning teams.
- Work independently in handling varied and complex operational issues.
- Obtain clean acceptance of vessels in a timely manner.
- Issue voyage orders to shipping/counterparties and monitor progress of vessel, informing trading of any slippage or speed-ups in a timely manner.
- Appoint approved inspectors as required.
- Ensure cargo loading and discharging adhere to any credit or L/C requirements.
- Assist sustainability manager with sustainability issues
- Accurately update system in a timely fashion.
- Check all calculations relating to the trade (freight, demurrage, product, inspectors, cargo superintendents, gains/losses, insurance and additives).
- Minimize profit leakage.
- Make or assist in claims where necessary.
- Establishing and maintaining good and professional working relationships with internal and external counterparties.
- Maintain accurate records of each cargo including prompt and accurate filing.
- Maintain excellent HSE standards.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all operational processes.
- Requires frequent afterhours and weekend work to complete operational tasks.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Degree in Shipping/ Commerce/ Logistics Management or qualified by experience.
- Commercial Experience – Desired. Work based commercial experience in a Biofuels operations role and good understanding of Sustainability.