Our client is hiring for a Gas & Power Scheduler to be based in London. The successful candidate will assist with daily activities such as Energy Scheduling (Power and Natural Gas), position reconciliation, development of ad-hoc reports and the development of operational tools. This is an excellent opportunity to continue to build your experience within energy trading within an exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You will benefit from a manager who is recognised for nurturing talent giving their team everything possible to build a great career.
- Ensure the daily and hourly balancing of the company on the different European Power & Gas market areas.
- Assist in the setup of markets, products or scheduling systems relating to Power & Gas.
- Work with trading functions to ensure timely nomination of power assets and optimization of gas storage contracts across Europe.
- Assist in the reconciliation of the trading activity.
- Develop ad-hoc operational analysis reports
- Where appropriate, lead change management projects across front-to-back to ensure market changes are handled seamlessly.
- Knowledge of some coding language (Python, VBA or SQL) preferred
- Ability to interact with all different desks / functions and across all levels
- Strong work ethic
Please Note: This position requires occasional weekend work (1 in 4), done on a rotation basis