Our client is a trader of Commodity and Energy products including, Gas, Power and Oil products based in Central London.
This role is aimed at a candidate with previous experience in Accounts Payable, who has experince using SAP, and ideally Concur. The successful candidate will start on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract, with the view that the role will continue long term beyond the initial 12 month period.
- Check and process approved expense claims that are within the company expense policy, in a timely manner in Concur and SAP systems.
- Check and process approved invoices in a timely manner in Concur and SAP systems, ensuring invoices are posted to the correct GL accounts and cost centres accurately.
- Merge SAP doc posting journal, Concur approval and supplier invoice for approval from Financial Reporting Manager and thereafter for payment processing with Treasury team.
- Monitor on a weekly basis invoices and expenses that are still awaiting in the approval workflow process and chase relevant approvers to ensure no delay in the processing of the expense claim or payment of the invoice.
- Prepare recharge invoices within group companies and arrange payment in a timely manner.
- Work with settlement team and treasury team for routine and urgent payment requests.
- Process daily FEBAN clearing journals and liaise with Treasury and Settlements Teams on uncertain transactions and open items not cleared respectively.
- Assist in the set-up on new vendor set-up in the SAP system with HQ.
- Prepare non-trade accruals for the month-end close.
- Assist in the quarterly fixed costs analysis submission to dept. heads and VPs.
- Assist in annual fixed cost budgeting process and cost challenging tasks.
- Assist in the maintenance of Concur administration and mappings to SAP. Keep up-to-date on new updates with Concur through webinars online.
- Assist in the maintenance of new and existing standing orders and post monthly transactions in SAP.
- Other accounts payable related responsibilities.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting and Finance or equivalent
- Previous work based experience in Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger is essential.
- Experience with SAP is essential, Concur experience would also be preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritise and act quickly to meet deadlines
- Organised and proactive with ability to move things forward without being asked
- Good communication skills, confident in communicating with all levels of the business
- Focused individual with ability to work on own initiative
- Competent with MS Excel